Want beautiful and healthy tresses throughout the year? Read on for some handy tips on hair fall solutions.
TAKING care of your hair is critical to maintain its growth, quality and texture. Just as much as you like to flaunt your beautiful manes, it is also important to bear in mind that the continuous change of weather can have a considerable impact on your strands with regard to the moisture, cold, heat and other factors. Just as you swap wardrobes with the commencement of a new time of the year, it also becomes mandatory for your hair-care routine to be in sync with these seasonal changes.
Hair fall solutions for Winter
The winter months can put your hair and scalp under a lot of stress. The cold winds and temperature saps the moisture from the hair and leaves it dull, brittle and lustreless. Continuous exposure to dry and strong winds can also lead to split-ends. This is a prime cause for hair fall and even baldness unless remedial measures are not administered at the earliest. The cold season is also responsible for thinning of hair and sometimes, hair loss in patches.
- It is thus advisable to use an extra-moisturizing shampoo and apply a weekly deep-conditioning hair mask to prevent excessive dryness caused by the gusty winds.
- Decrease the number of times you wash your hair each week.
- Turn the temperature of your shower down.
- A regular regimen of hair oil massage followed by washing off with a mild shampoo is expected to give you excellent results.
- Allow your hair to air dry.
- Avoid stepping out with wet hair.
- Application of an optimum quantity of hair serum after a shower will seal the cuticle layers and leave the hair smooth and manageable.
- Avoid hair sprays with high alcohol content to avoid excessive dryness.
Hair fall solutions for Summer
Exposure to the direct and oppressive heat of the sun in summer is extremely detrimental to your hair’s health. The ultra-violet radiation affects the colour, molecular structure and causes acute dryness. Depending on your hair type, the heat can either dry the natural oils or lead to the production of excessive oils. Dry hair is the leading cause of dandruff that manifests itself through itchiness and is a potential source of hair fall.
- Investing in hair-care products that negate the harmful effects of the sun is important.
- Indulge in comfortable hairstyles that are not affected much by the sweat the season generates.
- Blow-dry your hair as less as possible since your hair is already exposed to a lot of heat.
- It is also a good idea to wear a hat when the sun’s rays are very strong in order to maintain the natural moisture of your tresses.
- Wear protective headgear when you take a splash in the pool to avoid discolouration owing to the high chlorine content of the water.
- Use wide-tooth combs for untangling hair rather than fancy hair brushes.
Hair fall solutions for Monsoon
Although most of us cherish the rains, the increased level of humidity in the air often makes it difficult to manage your hair. Frizz, flatness, tangles: rain not only plays havoc with your hairstyle but can have harmful effects too. When your hair gets drenched in the monsoons, the lingering moisture can weaken the roots and lead to breeding bacteria. If not dried properly, the water containing pollutants from the air can weaken the shaft bonds and leave the hair knotted, dull and dry.
- Top hair care doctors suggest it is a good idea to try out shorter hairstyles during the monsoon season and indulging in a hot oil massage once a week for proper nourishment. They also advocate the usage of a mild shampoo with hair conditioner.
- Do not comb or tie wet hair.
- Keep your hair dry – it is one of the simplest, yet most effective hair-care tip.
- If you love to blow dry your hair, do so only at the top portions while holding it in one hand so that it does not fly around or become frizzier, particular if the length is long.
- Carry an umbrella or raincoat to protect your hair.
- Eating healthy and being hydrated by drinking more water and other fluids can also go a long way in maintaining healthy hair during the tricky monsoon season.