Want to have clean, lustrous hair and keep hair problems at bay throughout the year? Read on…
There is no denying that possessing thick and healthy hair is high on the wishlist for all of us. But we need to realize that our hair is exposed to external factors like sun, pollution, dust and dirt every day. This often leads to damage. It thus becomes very imperative to take care of our hair. In winter especially, the cold weather outside and the dry heat inside can cause havoc with your tresses.
The key to maintaining healthy hair throughout the year is moisturizing it regularly. There are several hair moisturizers available in the market; you need to use them prudently by reading the instruction manual. Alcohol-based products should be avoided since they can cause dryness of the scalp. If you are confused about the product that is best suited for you, you should take the help of an expert.
Winter always comes with its own set of problems for your hair. Here are 11 tips to combat the harshness of the winter months and maintain your hair texture and volume:
- Do not use shampoo everyday. Wash your hair not more than twice a week with lukewarm water to maximize moisture. A mild shampoo with butter is a safe bet.
- Apply an oil-based moisturizer to add extra nourishment to your scalp. The best products for the cold season are natural essential oils which opens the hair cuticles and easily gets absorbed into the scalp.
- Make sure you opt for weekly hair treatments to keep your hair hydrated. Once a week, it is a good idea to use conditioner on your hair. This will enable it to penetrate into the hair shaft and give you the best results.
- A rich, moisturizing conditioner with ingredients like fatty acids and humectants is strongly recommended.
- Apply a leave-in conditioner if your hair is frizzy and static-prone.
- If you want to style your hair, opt for a reputed hair cream. These are better than hair gels.
- Ditch platinum hair colour for darker shades in the winter months.
- Styling hair with tools like curling tongs or hair straighteners that use heat should be minimized. This heat is responsible for causing irrevocable damage to your locks!
- To avoid breakage, do not step outside with damp or wet hair.
- Using a hydrating hair mask on the strands of hair will facilitate retaining of moisture.
- If your hair is looking dull, do not worry: spray a hair mist and see your hair come back to life instantly!
In spite of taking diligent care, if you are still facing excessive hair fall and an impending baldness, you should consult a hair expert immediately. The doctor will offer you remedial measures and even suggest hair transplantation if required.
In case of hair transplantation, it is very important that you are under the care of a reputed surgeon representing a reputed clinic. Just like PLCSC. Under the guidance of renowned surgeon Dr. Maneesh Sonthalia, the medical team at this trusted centre for hair transplantation has been putting a smile back to the lives of patients for more than 15 years now. That too, using the latest globally-accepted technology and affordable pricing!